This 2-day workshop has been developed to expand on the topics covered in the workforce planning – essentials program. Participants will work through a case study that will allow them to apply workforce planning principles in a real life situation. The workshop will develop participants skills and understanding of data needed and the importance of collaboration with business leaders in formulating workforce solutions.
The intensive workshop will cover topics such as environmental scanning, developing supply & demand forecasts, engaging with management and overcoming typical barriers to effective workforce planning. The case study will also touch on challenges faced in both a private and public sector context.
WORKFORCE PLANNING - INTENSIVE
Strategic Workforce Planning
- What is workforce planning anyway?
- Applying a framework to my organisational context
- Assessing impact of external market factors
- Incorporating external influences into workforce plan
- Assessing strategy impact on our workforce needs
- Overcoming barriers to effective workforce planning
Current Workforce Profile
- Developing a current state workforce profile
- Identifying critical skills & jobs
- Identifying critical workforce segments
Workforce Planning Data Requirements
- Identifying data sources needed
- Interpreting workforce information
- Building a fact based workforce profile
Engaging Senior Executive
- Identifying stakeholders in the workforce planning process
- Developing a common understanding
Future State & Scenario Planning
- Flexible approach to future state assessment
- Confirming future hot spots
- Developing Demand & Supply Forecasts
Gap Analysis & Solutions Development
- Identifying workforce gaps
- Formulating solutions – who owns the outcomes?
- Aligning business unit and corporate initiatives
Measuring Success & Ongoing Monitoring
- How will we know when we are successful?
- Integrating workforce planning with strategic planning
- Planning your workforce planning project
- Governance arrangements required for success
Sydney 20-21st November
Sydney 27-28st November
Sydney 4-5st December
$ 1, 395 per person – excluding GST